2019 CLASSIC TRIPLES
Come and enter a side in our Athol Stephen Classic 3 Bowl Triples!
Held each year on the first Monday and Tuesday in February, the "Classic" is our premier event. This year it will be the 4th and 5th of February. The rare three-bowl format offers 3 games of 14 ends on each day.
If you've never bowled on our tremendous greens, then here's your ideal opportunity. The total prize money on offer is in excess of $3,200 - which should entice plenty of bowlers from across the state once again this year.
So get your sides in before all spot fill up to avoid disappointment! The great man after whom the event is named, Athol will be there to greet all his old buddies - and hopefully some new faces as well.
All the information you need is on the entry form. Good bowling!!!
Bowling Club Events & Entertainment
Our popular "Get On The Green" barefoot bowls program is run on Thursday evenings over 9 weeks commencing in early January. Teams are made up of three beginners and one bowler. If you're thinking about taking up bowls or you enjoy socialising over a few cold ones, then this barefoot competition is ideal! A barbecue tea is included each night, with stubbies available at terrific prices. Drop in to the club and ask us about playing, and get your side together!
Aside from lawn bowls the Kerang Bowling Club facilitates other great activities. An Indoor Carpet Bowls competition is run on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday evenings. There is also Line Dancing at the Club on Monday afternoons for those who like to get footloose! So if any of these take your fancy, drop into the Club for further information. All people welcome!
The Bowling Club is available for hire for small or large functions all year round!
Birthdays, wedding receptions, engagements, wakes, work break-ups, seminars, etc.
Why not include some barefoot bowls as part of your next Christmas party?
Please send us a message or drop in to discuss your next special occasion.
Black Duck Jackpot Triples
- Each Tuesday with a 12:30 pm start (weather permitting)
- Names into the Bowling Club by 11 am
- Casual dress, 2 bowl triples, 2 games of 13 ends
- Teams drawn from single entries, visiting sides accepted
- New bowlers and visitors more than welcome
- Any team (win, lose or draw) can win the jackpot prize!
Saturday Social Bowls
- Each Saturday during the off-season
- Format may change each week depending on numbers
- Ring up or put your name on the board
- Visitors and novice bowlers all welcome
- Names in by 12:45pm for a 1pm start
- Call the Bowling Club: 03 5452 1194